Description: Need 2 experienced Automation Engineers, one mid-level and one senior level, to help develop process control system applications, utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) specifically Allen Bradley, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s), and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems, as well as, develop detailed specifications, program industrial control systems (Biotech/Pharma/Life Sciences), and develop and execute test packages.
Responsible for fielding support requests from manufacturing and provide hardware and software troubleshooting assistance. Experience with Allen Bradley PLC programming is a must. Experience with Siemens S7 PLCs, FactoryTalk View ME, biotech, pharmaceutical, and life science manufacturing facility experience, Good Automated Manufacturing Practice, and Good Documentation Practice is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Experience with Allen-Bradley products required (ControlLogix, PLC5, SLC500, RSView, PanelView Plus, RSBizWare RSBatch, etc.)
• Experience programming various other control systems desired (i.e., GE Fanuc Series 90, Siemens S7, DeltaV, ABB 800xA, Honeywell DCS, Intellution iFix, and Wonderware)
• Experience implementing control system electrical design packages required
• Instrumentation experience preferred
• GMP and validation experience preferred
• Must be available for regional travel
• Must hold a valid driver’s license
• Outgoing personality, strong leadership skills, as well as, excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
Education & Experience:
• BS in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or related Engineering fields plus three years of directly related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Proficiency in troubleshooting control systems and an understanding of process controls a must
• Control system validation experience of pharmaceutical/biotech systems is a plus
• Experience in a lead role preferred