Title: Embedded Software Developer
Duration: 2+ years
Location: Patuxent River, MD
Clearance: Active Secret
Softworld Engineering is staffing for a leading provider of mission critical defense and aerospace electronics. Our client is looking for a developer to design high assurance embedded software.
The candidate will work as part of the Naval Air Warfare Center - Aircraft Division Joint Simulation Environment (JSE) development team.
• Experience developing C++
• Experience developing code on both Windows and Linux
• Experience working on mission critical systems
• Experience with at least one of the five main F-35/JSF sensor subsystems (EW, RADAR, EOTS, DAS, datalinks) is desired.
• Strong current programming, development and engineering best practice knowledge is a must
• Must be willing to interact with numerous government and other customers in a dynamic environment with the ability to perform numerous tasks simultaneously
• Must be capable of working as a team member or independently with little or no supervision
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
• Must have SECRET clearance and be SAP eligible.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required.
Education and Experience:
• Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent experience required.