Senior FPGA Design Engineer
A Senior FPGA Design Engineer is required for a 6-month Contract to Hire located in Quantico, VA.
· FPGA design, development and testing, research and/or analysis involving network protocols.
· Processing Ethernet data at the packet level.
· Strong experience developing Verilog or VHDL (Verilog preferred)
· Experience with Xilinx chips
· Experience using Xilinx’s Vivado Design Suite
· FPGA programming in Verilog,
· Knowledge of Ethernet protocols
· Knowledge of serial communications, including PCIe
· 3+ years of high speed development experience with the Xilinx family of FPGAs
· Familiarity with Xilinx’s development tools (ModelSim and Vivado)
· Familiarity with programming in Verilog
· Knowledge of Micro Blaze and PowerPC
· Knowledge of VPN technology
· Knowledge of TCAMs (Ternary Content Addressable Memory)
· Development experience with System Verilog
· Development experience in both Windows and Linux
· Good laboratory test and debug skills: the ability to use oscilloscopes, analyzers, and Chipscope for debugging both the PCB itself as well as the FPGA design
· Familiarity with network protocols at the packet level
· Familiarity with IXIA packet generation products
· Familiarity with Ethernet sniffers
· Familiarity with Unit
PLEASE NOTE: 3RD PARTIES/SUBCONTRACTORS/SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.