Job Number: 223545Project EngineerJob Description:Project Engineer
• A Project Engineer is required for a 6-month contract to perm position in Farmington Hills, MI
• Capable of handling and coordinating design projects consisting of automation equipment and machinery for powertrain in the automotive industry.
• Lead mechanical design background with 3D CAD experience, preferably Solidworks and/or Inventor, for assembly automation machine design projects.
• Need to have lead experience, driving a design project, or multiple design projects, and the ability to mentor 2-3 mechanical designers.
• Need assembly station design experience, automated assembly equipment for automotive part transfer lines, specifically for processing powertrain, engines, or transmissions
• Work in a unique and exciting environment for one of the top companies in the industry
• 8-15 years of experience-specifically with experience in automation
• Lead multiple projects ranging from automation equipment, assembly machinery, washer systems, transfer line designs and release to multi-million-dollar automation/machine projects
• Handle projects through concept, design, release to manufacture, build and customer run-off
• Perform duties based on company design standards
• Be able to coordinate with Project Managers for project cost proposals
• Handle field service projects
• Coordinate and direct projects to Mechanical Engineers and Designers, making detailed plans to accomplish goals
• Capable of consulting or negotiating with clients to prepare project specifications
• Direct, review, and approve product design and changes
• Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures and making decisions about the purchase of materials or servicesDegree, if applicable
• Solidworks and Inventor are preferred, but any 3D CAD experience will do
• Local candidates are preferred
Duration: 6 months to perm
PLEASE NOTE: 3RD PARTIES/SUBCONTRACTORS/SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THIS POSITION. SUBCONTRACT AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.
Responsibilities:Qualifications:Desired Background/Skills:Other Information: