Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
A Senior Embedded Systems Engineer is needed for a 24 month+ contract located in the Greater Boston Area.
Seeking an enthusiastic well rounded Senior Embedded Systems Engineer for the High Performance Reliable Computing Systems Group within the organization. This is an electrical design engineering position that requires the ability to apply sound engineering and project management principles for the leadership and execution of sensor/actuator development projects within the Electronics Division.
The ideal candidate is someone who works well in cross-functional teams and has systems engineering and/or integration background in electronics with experience designing complex sensors/actuators and wireless systems with low size, weight, and power requirements.
• Experience with small embedded digital / analog systems, especially low power embedded processors (ARM, DSP, MCU, etc.) high speed embedded memory interfaces such as DDR2/3, micro-SD, eMMC and standards-based digital communications protocols such as Ethernet, 802.11x, USB 2.0/3.0, etc.
• Experience in the following areas is important: system integration, processor selection, analog integration, sensor design and integration, data acquisition, sampling and control theory, digital signal processing techniques and low power design
• System grounding/shielding and EMI mitigation techniques for complex sensor/actuator systems, which may include high frequency switched-mode power electronics, RF circuitry, and high speed digital electronics located in close physical proximity with precision sensors/actuators.
• Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, and functional verification
• Design of experiments creation, execution and data analysis.