Senior Advanced Systems Engineer
A Senior Advanced Systems Engineer is required for a 2+ year contract located in Phoenix, AZ to work on a space project.
The ideal candidate with have experience architecting the design of the payload box at the module level.
• Performs requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of subsystem or system elements
• Performs technical planning, cost and risk analyses, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for subsystems and system elements
• Performs customer requirements analysis, develops system requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (elements and components)
• Performs detailed technical analyses for a subsystem or system elements
• Develops and evaluates systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications
• May provide system accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features (e.g., identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system are considered and function properly
• May develop system security documentation on both new and fielded information systems
• Participates in Modeling and Simulation
Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
• Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
• Highly proficient use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
• Highly proficient knowledge of other related disciplines
Highly proficient with requirements management & system modeling tools
• Recognizes various architectural patterns
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Highly proficient written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to sell concepts and ideas
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed, U.S. citizenship is required. Active Security Clearance required at the time of hire.